Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Prayer and a Blessing: To Free the Angel, Trapped in an Addict's Withered Body…

A Prayer and a Blessing:  To Free the Angel, Trapped in an Addict's Withered Body…

May your will be thine.
May your truth be known.
Enlighten us with honor
and the value of respect.
May your universe 
become our only craving
when the days get long and lazy.
May you open up our minds
to a the peaceful kind-
to nature, beauty and balance
that once we left behind.

The gift of giving-
from your cup to mine
keeps us living with the divine.
So selflessly, as you wade in our sea
of unfulfilled desires feeding on our misery-
you wipe each and every tear
take away all our fears.
Yet when we walk out in the dark-
not conscious of the warmth you spark
we disrupt that very moment.

The safety that you’ve given me,
please don’t let me forget,
for if I do things my own way-
I know I’ll have regrets.
This thing called faith
you’ve helped me perceive
will never, ever leave.

That is why I know I trust
this  joy I truly feel.
This flowing light-
it must be real ‘cause I’ve given up the fight.

You gave us eyes to see
and so we let it be.
You gave us ears to listen
and so now we heard.
Now I pray for understanding-
guidance and your word.
I now declare, for all to hear that I am
willing to be blessed
and turn my will to you oh Lord,
because you are the best!

I am grateful for recovery,
because now I finally see.
You’ve intervened,
I don’t know how-
but I’ve accepted anyhow.
This is where I’m meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment