Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snow Tide


Gray - faded, color -wrinkled
leaves buried under mounds of snow.
Slowly falling flakes dancing
gracefully upon their descent.
Each textured flake unique
And oh so sleek.
"Oh so beautiful" sang the man on his knees
to the barren trees.
Every last remnant of fall is gone-
Ice from the storm glimmers off the tree limbs.
Beauty and grace
mask their
disheveled
naked
figures,
emerging taller
sturdier-
and oh so so bright.
Images of winter reflected through the child-
eyes of blue...
Through icicles glittered brown specks of whites, golds and silvers too...
My soul cries out in pure delight.
Never before have I seen
such a magnificent sight.
Tide comes in strong
in the form of wind and sleet-
As if in vision while in sleep.
How does one explain what can only be seen 
by tired eyes and a tarnished soul?
Passing on slowly-
I have no regrets.
Slush, slush...
Mush, mush...
Boots splashing in muddy puddles.
Walking on...
Standing tall…
Steps of pride...
I'll never forget the obsolete beauty
of the snow tide.
How lucky for a tarnished soul-
to be forgiven
by the divine
then given
the gift of tranquil eyes
to see beyond societal designs
of misery and cries.
Snow tide.
Grace, my God, the universe,
I thank you for the eyes to see
through the ego masked over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment